Fermanagh County Museum
Fermanagh County Museum is a registered museum, under the MLA Accreditation Scheme for museums. The museum is located within and around the historic Enniskillen Castle and was established in 1976 by Fermanagh District Council. The museum collections reflect Fermanagh’s history, culture and environment.
The collections are of local, regional, national and, in certain areas, of international significance. The Museum houses one of the most significant public collections of works by the internationally renowned painter, William Scott (1913-1989); it owns one of the most important collections of Belleek Pottery and houses a significant collection of early Christian stone sculpture.
One of the aims of the museum is to enlarge these collections so as to cover as many aspects of Fermanagh’s culture as possible. One of our primary concerns is the long-term preservation of these collections for future generations.
Throughout the year, the Museum provides a changing exhibition programme, covering a wide diversity of subjects, of local as well as general interest. It organises many different kinds of events, including lectures, Living History events, craft demonstrations, storytelling, poetry and prose readings, various commemorative events and many types of family entertainment programmes. Its education programmes meet the needs of those in formal education as well as providing resources for life-long learning.