National Lottery Heritage Fund ScholarshipSeptember 12, 2023
One Young World and the The National Lottery Heritage Fund in Northern Ireland have partnered to launch the One Young World | Heritage Fund Scholarship.
The scholarship allows 10 young leaders (aged 18-30) in Northern Ireland the opportunity to attend the One Young World Summit to be held in Belfast from 2-5 October and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
About the One Young World Summit
This is an opportunity for younger workers in the sector to join 2,000 young leaders from over 190 countries to address a range of topics, from building peace to environmental activism, with speakers that include Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, former President of the Republic of Ireland Mary Robinson, and British-Iranian journalist and author Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. To mark the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Good Friday Agreement, the summit will also consider the challenges of peace and reconciliation, and ask: ‘What’s next for young people in Northern Ireland?’
Successful delegates will leave the summit as One Young World ambassadors, equipped with valuable skills, knowledge and motivation to apply to their work in Northern Ireland.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Full access to the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place from Monday 2 – Thursday 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast with a check-in date of 2 October and check out date of 6 October.
- Catering throughout the duration of the event.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to and from Belfast.
- Reimbursement of Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred while participating in the Summit.
- Lifetime membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community.
- Opportunity to work with the Heritage Fund team in Northern Ireland to develop a Heritage Youth panel in 2023-24
- Be aged between 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2023.
- Live in Northern Ireland.
- Be engaged with impactful social/environmental projects in Northern Ireland.
- Be engaged with impactful social or heritage or environmental projects in Northern Ireland.
- Demonstrate leadership within your community.
- Show concern for and commitment to heritage. The National Lottery Heritage Fund doesn’t define heritage. From historic buildings, our industrial legacy and the natural environment, to collections, traditions, stories and more – heritage can be anything from the past that you value and want to pass on to future generations.
- Commit to engaging with a pre and post Summit engagement programme including preparatory meetings, digital content generation, reporting on impact of attendance and contributing to development of a Heritage Youth Panel in NI.
How to apply
Application Deadline: 20th September at 12:00pm
Apply online at National Lottery Heritage Fund Scholarship | One Young World