Free offers with Playful Museums Festival 24January 5, 2024
As part of Playful Museums Festival 24 we are offering two FREE 12 month memberships to Play Resource and a FREE family workshop with Young at Art.
Deadline for registering interest is 12th January.
Successful museums will be notified on 15th January
Membership gives groups access to a one-stop-shop for creative learning resources and an invaluable source of information, support, and advice. Annual membership is open to groups working with children, young people and community groups.
The Membership Package offers access to:
- Free scrap materials, with unlimited visits to the Scrapstore
- Creative Ideas & Inspiration
- Access to our Connecting through Art Programme
- Discounted Room Hire
Young at Art workshop at your museum
17th or 18th February
- Age range: up to 5 years old
- Capacity: 80 (approx. 20 per hour x 4 hours)
- Duration: drop in, x4 hours
- Dates: 17th or 18th February 2024
The drop-in workshop activity will be designed and delivered by a selection of Young at Art (YAA) highly skilled and engaging artists who have built successful careers in the arts in Northern Ireland. YAA artists will supply their own materials and equipment and will ensure they are safe for use including appropriate cleaning between sessions.
Workshop content will be designed based on discussions with you, to incorporate any relevant themes or specific interests. YAA has delivered workshops on a multitude of themes for various clients and partners, with a wide breadth of skills and knowledge in this area. They are happy to present a workshop idea to yourselves based on previous delivery but are happy to work with you to incorporate your ideas/wants.
The museum will be required to provide:
- Table and chairs to accommodate workshop
- Chairs for workshop artists
- Approval/input on workshop design, providing YAA with any relevant information or themes that are to be included in delivery
- Water available for workshop artists
- Parking available for x2 cars
(While all YAA artists receive safeguarding training, supervision of the child participants remains the responsibility of their parents/carers, and the YAA artists must never be left in a position of responsibility for the young people.)
How to register interest
These opportunities are open to NI Museum Council member museums. You are welcome to register interest for both opportunities. The successful museums will be notified by email. While YAA prefers to run the workshops on the 17th/18th February, please let us know if the 10th/11th also works for you as this is their second preference.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of museum
- How the offer will help with your museums objectives.
- Opportunity you are applying for (Playboard membership and/or Young at Art workshop)
- Confirmation that you can provide the specified requirements (if YAA offer)
- Specify which date you prefer (if YAA offer)
- How you intend to use your membership (if Play Resource offer)