Art Fund ‘Going Places’ ProjectSeptember 18, 2023
Art Fund are launching a new UK-wide programme, ‘Going Places’, that aims to engage and involve underrepresented audiences with museum collections through high quality, collaborative touring exhibitions and public programmes.
The project will establish five networks of 3-5 small to mid-sized museums, with each network producing two touring exhibitions over five years (2025-2030).
Local communities will be involved in shaping exhibition themes and outreach programming, and will bring their voices and stories to each display.
During an initial research and development phase partners will:
- gain a better understanding of their current and future audiences
- build skills and confidence in collaborating with local communities
- participate in training, skills development and mentoring opportunities
- understand touring practicalities and best practice, particularly in relation to environmentally responsible approaches to exhibition making
- be supported to build networks and relationships with organisations across the UK to research and develop new and innovative displays and outreach activities
Art Fund are currently seeking applications from individual museums or networks (which include two or more museums) to participate in the development phase, ahead of Art Fund making an application to the National Lottery Heritage Fund for the delivery phase in late 2024.
Applicants must be committed to collaborating with their local communities to share and amplify local voices and stories through exhibitions and associated outreach programmes. Display spaces do not need to have GIS approval but must be suitable for the display of touring or loaned objects.
Further details of the project can be found here: https://www.artfund.org/professional/get-funding/programmes/going-places
Deadline for Applications: Friday 24 November.