Rethinking CataloguingOnline Training
In this bitesize session, we will introduce the latest version of the Spectrum Cataloguing procedure. This procedure has been updated following extensive consultation during spring/summer 2022, alongside Use of Collections, to encourage a more inclusive approach.
Using the new procedure as the framework for the session we will discuss; ethical principles for cataloguing, accountability, access and users, the importance of transparency and recording past practice.
There will opportunities to discuss with colleagues and ask questions throughout, as well as signposting to further guidance.
Attendees will learn:
- How to understand and apply the Spectrum Cataloguing procedure.
- What changes have been made to the Cataloguing procedure and why.
- How to take a critical approach to cataloguing, to make it a more open, ongoing process.
- How to think about internal and external users.
- Where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session we ask attendees to:
- Read the revised Spectrum Cataloguing procedure.
- Think about your organisation’s approach to cataloguing, in the context of this revised procedure.
- Familiarise yourself with your organisation’s documentation policy and Cataloguing procedure. You might also find it useful to have these available to refer to during the session.
- Please ensure you have a working microphone to ensure you can participate in discussions.
Who is the session suitable for?
Individuals new to cataloguing or looking for a refresher in light of recent changes to the standard.
Sarah Brown, Deputy Director of Collections Trust
How to Book & Refund Policy
Bookings can be made via Eventbrite. If this is not possible, please contact the NI Museums Council at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form and provide a Purchase Order number once your place is confirmed.
Please note that costs are inclusive of the Eventbrite booking fee. By default, Eventbrite do not provide refunds on fees. This means that the attendee will receive a refund for the amount they paid minus the Eventbrite fees.